E. Albert Reece, MD PhD, MBA - Vice President for Medical Affairs | University of Maryland & Dean | University of Maryland School of Medicine.
Robert A. Chrencik, MBA, CPA- President and Chief Executive Officer, University of Maryland Medical System Download Profile
• The University of Maryland School of Medicine, under Dr. Reece’s leadership, has emerged as one of the nation’s leading institutions for medical research, securing more than $2.1 billions in external research grants and contracts over the past five years (FY’07-FY’11).
• A major research force, the School of Medicine has a presence in more than 23 countries around the world, and conducts groundbreaking research in HIV/AIDS, vaccine development, and infectious diseases.• Together, the School of Medicine and the University of Maryland Medical Center (UMMC), are educating and training more than 50% of Maryland’s physician workforce.
• Under Mr. Chrencik’s leadership, the University of Maryland Medical System (UMMS) has grown to twelve hospitals throughout the state that provide outstanding clinical care to the citizens of Maryland and the mid-Atlantic region.
• UMMC and the School of Medicine clinical faculty are nationally ranked this year in nine specialty areas in the U.S. News & World Report Best Hospital rankings, including Cancer (11), Diabetes & Endocrinology (11), Nephrology (9), Urology (15), Cardiology & Heart Surgery (27), Ear, Nose, & Throat (24), Gynecology (49), Neurology & Neurosurgery (48), and Pulmonary (26).
• Jointly, the University of Maryland Medical System and the University of Maryland School of Medicine produce more than $5 billion in annual economic activity for our state and region.